Monday, June 22, 2009

Did I ask for a sodding hug? I think not.

L invited me to join her and N at the lake for an extended weekend. I'm debating whether I need Wednesday to pack or if I should take as few off days as possible. I like saving them for late in the year when weather deters me from making the icy drive in. L has been on again off again with her girlfriend, so the likelihood of weekend insanity is high. N is on another diet. Between the two we are sure to see binging of some sort or other. Perhaps margarita mix is in order. Hm.

Other shit: I'm working on two books at once and another plot has come forward to torment me. Currently, m/m plots abound. I'm beginning to wonder where my m/f plots are. You'd think as a woman who rather appreciates the male form, I'd be just as likely to formulate a heterosexual plot. Perhaps that is the problem. I like the male form far too well.

Other-er shit: Yesterday a man who has vowed to hate me and avoid me, found it necessary to hug me tight three times. Not quick, good-to-see-you hugs, but long, clinging oh-god-I-might-drown hugs.

No death or special ceremony to warrant it, just a company picnic. I didn't have much say in the matter as I was grasped before I had say-so. Unfortunately, it was also immediately visible by my supervisor, D. Not sure what to make of the hugging incident but I'm beginning to think either the lemonade was spiked or he was.

Note to self: "Mia, perhaps the pink-slip is on the way and he's been informed before you. Toss out yesterday's perfume."

3 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Why did you let him? Seems like a hand heel to the throat might have been necessary...

Working on two books at once too. Thank goodness the plots are radically different.

B

Mia Watts said...

Pinned arms had something to do with it. After the first I didn't assume there would be more either. Silly me.

I've another 1200 to go on this one and for some reason I find myself a bit stuck.

Rassles said...

You should start hugging everyone like that. Freak him out a little.