Thursday, August 21, 2008

Those Who Don't

One of my writers put a comment in a work I'd edited for her about my ability to write. She knows only what I say in my edits and we've never spoken. Not on email and not on the phone. Imagine my surprise when I read her comment that those who couldn't write, edit.

Her tact isn't in question. There's no question that her tact is lacking. Mine is lacking for posting this personal opinion of it, yet I will. It's my blog. I can do that.

How curious this woman believes I can't write because I edit. Is this a commonly held belief? I asked another editor and she gave me a cyber shrug. No version of what I respond to her would be constructive. I'm keeping silent on the subject while I wait for an acceptance letter on my submitted work.

I'll have to chew on my answer to this woman. Any suggestions?

No comments: