Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Heart Spartacus


I wouldn't normally consider myself a violence junkie. I mean, lots of meaningless blood shed doesn't appeal to me (meaningless sex? sure!). But, I have become ADDICTED to Spartacus. If you don't know what I mean, check it out on Netflix or Cable or something. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is actually second season to Spartacus: Blood and Sand, although it's a prequel.

What's not to love? Blatant sexual display (everyone gets it on. women with women, men with men, women and men, menages, slave sex), half-naked and fully naked men (yes, full frontal) wandering around in their alpha maleness, grunting, etc, etc, etc. Also, I laughed the first two episodes when someone died because they went NUTS with fake blood effect. Like, fluorescent red blood BATHING everything, even the background. Then I decided that was necessary. For as bloody as gladiators etc can be, if they had shown a bunch of realistic blood spurting, I'd have quit watching for the ick factor.

If you haven't seen this show, you *need* to check it out. I wasn't even paid to say that. Yowza!

2 comments:

Amber Skyze said...

Yes, I enjoy watching this too. The DH got me hooked.

Blogger said...

XXX BRUTAL TUBE