Friday, July 3, 2009

Getting laid (off)

I'm not getting much done. I continue to try but work is in the way. How dare my boss encroach on my writing time, yes? Does he not understand the deadlines I have in place? Terribly inconsiderate if you ask me.

Lay-offs are cycling around again. I feel very secure with my job as I'm overworked and underpaid. My boss can't wipe his nose without directions and assistance. Hopefully K has not taken over my role and I have a job next week. However dubious that job may be.

The economy is stabilizing? Really? I haven't seen the proof.

Other shit: R is back at the dumpster, smoking. The last I saw, he shot me a glare but he need not glare at me. He is his parent's problem.

Note to self: "Mia, prep resume just in case and buy new box of Kleenex... or simply recycle them to the boss. I like to think green."

2 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

It's hard sometimes to find a spare moment to write. I sooo hear you on that one.

Painters just left my house and they say their work has dried up due to lack of new home construction. Last fall, they were so busy they could barely fit me in.

Mia Watts said...

Lay offs suck. Painters, bankers, car dealers, small shops all suffer. My full desire is to self-support with writing.