Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Got Cover?

I received my new cover art. The book is She's Got Balls and will release on November 17th this year. She's Got Balls is part of a series from Resplendence, Handcuffs and Lace. All the book covers have four common elements: a couple shot, a color wash, a pair of high heels, and a pair of cuffs.

Most of the others who write in this line have male/female plots. I, however, do not. Because of this, I specifically requested a different set of shoes and handcuffs and provided pictures to Rika, cover-bestower goddess. To fully appreciate the humor of the situation, I am posting what the cover art for this series should look like, above.

Now see what I actually got. It's perfect, complete with mud on the boots. Title and picture provide exactly the tone I wanted. Male/male, police, undercover... with kink. I could not have asked for a better cover. What say you?

Other shit: The second book in the Darkness series is temporarily delayed. I've been working through that particular mess these last couple of weeks. It is unfortunate that the book has to wait while I work out the last details. Never fear, I have assistance and this should all come to an end soon. I'll keep you posted on the status of that particular bit.
Other-er shit: R was arrested. That charming boy-child who smokes near the back dumpster? Yes, that one. He was picked up on possession. His parents are distraught and I believe they are calling in the older brother to have a sit down with Junior after he is released. J, his mother, was quite upset and disclosed the entire story. Seems this is his first offense.
Poor R will have to deal with the police and guilt-ridden family. I wonder at the thought of calling home a sibling to handle a matter the parents haven't felt adequate addressing, and this the first time. What will transpire on his second or third... assuming there is one?
Note to self: "Mia, don't have children. You'll ruin them by actually parenting instead of transferring blame or handing off problems when they arise."

3 comments:

Rassles said...

That. Cover. Is. Perfect.

Oh, and that R kid? How old is he? If he's under sixteen, he's getting arrested again. I'm going to say three times before he hits eighteen.

Mia Watts said...

I think he's a very developed 14 year old. He's big but not proportionate. You know, that awkward stage. Three times? I'm going with full on juvie before his 18th.

Thanx, yeah the cover is freaking awesome. When it asked for heels I said nasty grandma variety in mud or these. She picked well.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent cover! As for the kid... yeah, he's toast. Sad.