Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Evil Mia

Release Day: Today Sex Ed releases from Resplendence Publishing around noon. Don't ask me if that is Eastern or Central. I'm not sure. However, as RP is in Florida I will propose that Eastern makes sense. For those of you who don't care to read male on male romances, you're in luck. This one is male/female. I live to serve.

Other shit: One of my editors asked me about my third Darkness book and what I had in mind for it. This is how our conversation went:

Me: "I haven't written (book) three yet but it will have Thex in it and Sylvia as a kind of horrible and dark Drew and Spike (buffy), along with Raith as the lead. I MUST MUST MUST throw in Rinc and Jaecar in their continued terrorizing of Tony as the distant subplot... because it amuses me."

Ed: "Because it amuses me... OMG! I read that line and suddenly had the urge to bow down... (LOL!) You know, like you're some evil queen I must show my undying loyalty to or else wind up a pawn in a wicked, wicked game orchestrated solely for your amusement."

Me: "I need this (evil queen bit) embroidered on my bed pillow. It can be my proof to all and sundry who enter my bedroom that bowing is accepted here... Or perhaps a shirt that says, "Because it amuses me..." to wear to (big author's convention)."

Ed: You know, it's such a perfect response to everything why --"But Mom... Why do I have to do the dishes?" "Because it amuses me."--"Why do you want me to put the bread and eggs in a separate bag from the rest of your groceries?" "Because it amuses me for you to do so." --"Why do you want me to strip down, roll around in maple syrup, then dance the hokey-pokey?"
"Because it will amuse me." See? No matter the situation, if there is a why, you have an automatic response.

This is why I love my editors. They are ever so entertaining. You must go get one while supplies last.

Note to self: "Mia, definitely have the shirt made."

7 comments:

Kenzie Michaels said...

Happy Release Day, Mia:) Wishing you many sales!

Rassles said...

You amuse me.

Mia Watts said...

The word is even fun to say. Amuuuuse. It draws your lips into a haughty pucker an pinches the nostrils with aristocratic indifference. Amuuuuuse.

We are amused. Well amused.

Wendy Williams said...

Congrats on the new release! and on the amuuusing blog (LOL)

Wendy
www.myspace.com/resplendencereaders

Mia Watts said...

Thank you Wendy. So glad to have amuuuused you.

Fran Lee's Romance Blog said...

I will make one for you, Mia! I have some fantastic T-Shirt transfers for my printer! Should I Use my imagination? Heh heh heh

Evil Fran

Anny Cook said...

Happy Release Day!