Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I HAVE A LOVE AFFAIR WITH BLOCK QUOTES EVEN THOUGH I TRULY HATE THE SPACING ISSUES

I've begun Mind F*cked. Only six hundred words in and my internal editor has begun yapping. Meanwhile, I received an email from one of my publishers that edits will arrive in my inbox within minutes. Which is where I suddenly remember that, oh yes, I have a release out next Tuesday.

Technically, Sex Ed is part of the Hot for Teacher anthology along with stories by Bronwyn Green, Brynn Paulin, and Cara Hart, though they'll be sold separately. All release on the 19th and all get bound together for print publication in ninety days with a completely different cover. My recommendation, if you care to hear it, is to purchase the individual story you wish to read thus keeping your expense low. Preferably mine if you must choose. Ideally, all as they are well written jewels of creative effort.

The blurb looks something like this:

Mina Lasky has a pesky crush on Biology professor, Derek Link. They’ve worked in tandem in the same University facility long enough that even the sound of his voice makes her hot. It’s time to put the fantasy to an end. Mina signs up to be his guinea pig in a female sexuality lab for those on the doctorate track. She hopes to work Derek out of her system while enjoying some much needed sexual stimulation.

Dr. Derek Link has been itching to get his hands on the quiet, sexy Chemistry professor. He can’t believe his luck when she signs up to be his lab. But one night isn’t enough and Mina won’t admit they can have something a lot more long term.

And when one of the students recognizes Mina, her heart isn’t the only thing on the line. With her career in the hands of a blackmailer, and her heart begging to trust Derek, she’s beginning to think the lab was a very bad idea.

Other shit: I ran into D today. Well, not actually. It was more like I found myself sipping from a fountain (as I do when thirsty), swung around to return to my cube, saw D checking out my assets, and choked. Except choke would suggest the water in my mouth went down my throat with definitely did not occur. But I did discover two things: A pale silk necktie looks nearly cobalt when wet. And a second dimple comes out of hiding when D laughs. Which he did. A lot.

Note to self: "Mia, invest in water bottle."

I hereby declare that Love Bites is a goddess of brilliance. Do you see that
sexy spacing up there? Yeah, she did that. No more block quote issues.

2 comments:

Mia Watts said...

Spacing issues fixed per LB, in case you went looking for them.

Love Bites said...

Awww, thanks for the love.