Monday, November 15, 2010

Progress is as progress does

The moving truck broke down, not once, but twice.
The company billed a closed account and incurred fees, and they reimbursed me for them. Then they reimbursed me for the cost of the truck.
Two hours outside of Michigan, I got a call from the person living in my home. She decided to use the 30 day evacuation rule and wasn't leaving. Now granted she was in a bad position, but hey, so am I and it's my house.
I've been living in a hotel with my "nieces" for the past several days, eating at Bronwyn's and working at her house and Brynn's. It's been special bonding time. Especially because Bronwyn is doing our laundry.
I am now waiting to hear if I have PERMISSION to enter my home this week. I sure hope so. Funds are low and so is my patience.

Otherwise, I'm doing great. I had a spin out on a bridge this morning but we're all safe and so is the car. It was definitely a wake up call about slide-y Michigan winters and icy ramps. Lesson noted.

I'm continuing to peck away at Boiling Point which is scheduled to release on December 7th. My bitchtastic super-awesome and understanding editor, said I needed to get it in by the 24th. Sigh. No, actually, she's been great and really generous in allowing me extra time. This is, after all, the third time I've pushed the release of the book back. I owe it to her to get the thing done already. Especially since she offered to push it again. I couldn't bring myself to accept.

I'm actually loving Michigan. It feels like home and I'm full of joyous hope. Did I mention the sun is shining?! It totally can't get better than this.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to hear you so happy. Hope you and the nieces get to move in to the house this week. At least you have Bron and Brynn!

Simone Anderson said...

Glad you're enjoying Michigan.

Chris said...

What the HECK did you ever do to Murphy that has him so pissed of?! O.o

Molly Daniels said...

See? If you'd moved closer to me, you'd only have to deal with frost.

Rassles said...

Man, I am so jealous you've got slick, wintry goodness already.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Okay, I can stop holding my breath. Glad for the update.