1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have? Last thing: The last thing I wrote was, "Title Eureka!!! Fuck U!!" I couldn't come up with a title for the four guy and one girl menage coming out in February. I had to complete a cover request form with that info on it. So, that is literally the last thing I wrote before I hit send on that email (yep, that's it, in its entirety) to my senior editor. *heh* First thing I still have: A song I woke up singing when I was in seventh grade. I got about half of it down before it went into thin air. Too bad. It was catchy.
2. Write poetry?
No. Well, I did write one at the end of Bad Boys, Bad Boys (Total-E-Bound.com).
3. Angsty poetry?
No. I generally stick to death threats.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created?
The slimeball TA from Sex Ed (ResplendencePublishing.com)
6. Best plot you’ve ever created?
Claimed by Darkness because it links from book to book in an expanded plot with many, many subplots and of course the sex.
7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
I dunno. I like plot twists. You tell me which one was best.
8. How often do you get writer’s block?
True writer's block? Not sure it exists.
9. Write fan fiction?
No. Makes me feel blasphemous.
10. Do you type or write by hand?
11. Do you save everything you write?
On hard drives.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it?
13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?
"Title Eureka!!!! Fuck U!!"
14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story that you’ve written?
Well, She's Got Balls and Mind F*cked (Resplendence) were both best sellers, but Bad Boys, Bad Boys has been continuously sold for longer with the most references.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
I'm going to pretend you didn't ask that.
16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
Minneapolis. My hometown.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Two. I'm working on the as yet untitled project I refer to as Liam and Fuck U.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
19. What are your five favorite words?
God, you are fucking genius.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Flora Harper (Faery Surprising, Resplendence).
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
There's no rhyme or reason.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Yes. I have a menage coming out that's based on one... His Best Friend's Wife. Or rather, my alternate identity will.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Completely. There's a little voice who yells at me until I fix it the way I think it should be fixed.
25. Does music help you write?
26. Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops into your head.
(from Bound by Darkness, out in June at RP... second book to Claimed by Darkness)
Tears streamed down her cheeks as she lifted her face to the night sky. Her muscles trembled. Her joints ached. She felt hollowed out with the smallest remnants of herself remaining. Each heartbeat thudded emptily. Lungs filled like mechanical bags. None of it meant anything without him. Lovatt was her blood, her nutrients, and her soul.
Find Lothar. Seek sanctuary.
And who am I tagging?