Wednesday, July 8, 2009

can't touch this: x-post from writersevolution.blogspot today, by Mia

I believe in simplifying. Let's make a list, shall we?
1. Modern or Historical Western. Too much research and dust.
2. Science Fiction futuristic setting. I don't understand space travel or Trek talk.
3. Non-fiction. I read and write to be transported, not to dwell on reality.
4. Self-help. I could write it, but I'm more apt to destroy than help with my advice.
5. Spiritualism. The result would be the creation of an entirely new religion which would have me burned at a stake.
6. Alien abduction. No explanation needed, I suspect.

Concepts I might write or am currently debating:
1. Merfolk with vukkers-remind me to post this some time. It's amusing.
2. More vampires, werewolves, and daemus (copyright)
3. Fairy-folk half-breeds (already in process)
4. Something far too new to discuss (idea occurred last night)
5. Time travel to dark ages (scares the shit out of me)
6. A book killing off every enemy I've encountered ever. Including the gaping ass-on-shoulders who stole my knickers at work. Long story.

I've written menage, male/male, and male/female scenes. I began a tentative flash of a scene with female/female undertones only to delete and rewrite. Some concepts still make me uncomfortable. Yes, there are a few to be found. I believe it was a woman touching another woman's nipple. One finger, once, only for a second. I squirmed for half an hour then deleted.

Not much I won't tackle but all of it is erotic. I suppose sweet romances are another I won't venture toward. And dog love. Or zoo animal fetishes. Even the thought makes my brain squint with displeasure.

Note to self: "Mia, scrub memory cells with bourbon to delete last image."

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Things I won't write? Um I'm not particulary into sci-fi and it doesn't appeal. M/M? No way. Same with F/F. Both just make me uncomfortable. I can handle menage in a paranormal assuming a can figure a way for an HEA. I like a good HEA. In the end, maybe I'm a little old-fashioned for someone who writes erotica. I like plain jane M/F with lots of hot stuff.

Rassles said...

Um, I don't write erotica. Never have. I don't even think I'm capable of it. This is probably due to the fact that I can only really write about myself properly without sounding like a dumbass, and I am like the anti-sexy.

Mia Watts said...

Bullfunky Rass, you're totally sexy. Never even met you and I can be damn sure about that. Just look at you and your edgy thoughts.

Rita, I know. M/m found me for some reason. *shrug*